The factors of 19 are 1, 19. |
Getting 19's factors is done like this. The first two factors - and sometimes the only two - are the number itself, and 1.
- Try 1. 1 x 19 = 19, so put these into our factor list.
- Take 2... no good. 19/2 isn't a whole number. So we skip 2.
- Now take 3... no. 19/3 isn't a whole number. So we skip 3.
- Next try 4... no luck. 19/4 isn't a whole number. So we skip 4.
- Now, since we don't have any more numbers to try, we're done!
What are the prime factors of 19? What is the prime factorization of 19?